20 February 2017

PaperArtsy Release


Hi everyone, I'm delighted to be joining in with the launch of my friend Kay Carley's gorgeous new stamps for PaperArtsy Kay has added to her gorgeous floral stamp sets with three new sets that work beautifully with the others and they're a delight to work with.










Kay’s EKC 005 set has flowers that immediately reminded me of the forget-me-nots plants in my garden given to me by Kay’s mum so it seemed perfect to use the main floral stamps to try and re-create them. I was able to do that with the small additional single flowers included in the set which makes it so versatile and this also made it easy to stamp the flowers in different colours from the main stamped images.

I was looking to create a busy summer garden feel for my tag from set EKC 006 and that was managed with the aid of PaperArtsy Crackle glaze which for me gives a bit of fuzzy greenery for the background. I love the pretty dragonfly stamps and main flowers which I’ve stamped and painted on tissue so that they’d stand out over the busy background. The sentiments are great too and here I’ve stamped and cut one apart to create a new one for this summer garden.

Bluebells are one of my favourite flowers so I knew I would love painting these from Kay’s gorgeous EKC 007 set in a more painterly style using tiny brushes to achieve the light and shade in the petals. Being a woodland plant I gave the flowers a background of grasses and other flowers from the set which is easy to achieve with Kay’s thoughtful designs.
There's lots of information and an introduction video on the Paperartsy blog with Kay's gorgeous samples and Helen Chilton's beautiful designs as well. I hope you'll pop over and take a look.
Chris x

6 comments:

Juls said...

Gorgeous stamps & gorgeous makes xx

Crafting Queen said...

wow, wonderful creations. Love the colours and textures.

Sandy said...

Beautiful Chris - you have sold me and these images are perfect for your style!!
sandy xx

judith@poppy cottage said...

Love what you have done with the stamps Chris, fabulous new designs from Kay xx

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous samples with Kay's gorgeous new stamps - lovely!
Alison x

Julia said...

What a spectacular set of samples! I saw them on the PaperArtsy video last night when I was catching up so just had to drop by here and leave a comment. x